Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 8 March 2019

Knitting News

Hi Everyone 
I have a little knitting news to share today. It’s my latest sock knit. The Molly sock by Anna Bergman from the #tantulltussocks book. 

              

I was given this book for Christmas and have been patiently waiting for the opportunity to start knitting all the socks. I had a previously agreed/ commissioned list of sock orders and needed to clear them before starting on the #tantulltussocks book.
Initially, I couldn’t decide on which sock to start with, there are 27 socks and they are all amazing. In the end, I decided to start with sock 1 (at the beginning of the book). My plan is to work through the book and knit all the socks in the order they appear. I’m not especially going for the same colours or exactly the same yarns as per the patterns. I’ll knit from my stash. 
My first sock is Molly. I’ve chosen similar colours to those used in the book, although my colours are more subdued. I’ve stuck with yellow, green and white but my version, results in a more subtle pattern. The cuff of the sock uses a fold over technique with a picot edge and is very pretty and a clever way of constructing the picot edge. I’m about half way down the first leg and enjoying the knit, immensely. I love the simple stranded pattern and it’s all going well. I’m also getting the opportunity to use my little knit caddy. This bag allows me the keep my sock colours separate while knitting and help reduce the yarn from getting in a mess. There’s a special pocket for each colour of yarn and a side pocket for the pattern. 

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making news.


No comments:

Post a Comment