Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 27 March 2019

Making Fabric Bags

Hi Everyone 
I have a new project to share today. This time, it’s a cosmetic bag. I intend to use the bag for my makeup and am hoping to replace a shop bought item which is very old and rather unpleasant to use. My bag will be another addition to my handmadewardrobe. The bag project comes from a lovely little book all about bags and purses : Little Bags & Purses by Saskia Abel. 

             

I was inspired to make this bag after watching a YouTube Channel from Sew Pretty Kitty (check out the video  here). I watch this channel regularly and am often inspired by her Makes. The bags look great and I love the zigzag trim on the bag flap.
Getting back to my project, this will (hopefully) be a quick Make. I’m hoping to acquire some new fabric tomorrow for the job. Tomorrow, I’ll be out and about on a mini fabric tour. It’s my birthday and the whole day will be about indulgence. A couple of fabric shops with lunch and afternoon coffee stops.  I have two fabric places to visit, one shop is new to me and it’s such a long time since I’ve been to the other, I’m counting both visits as new. I’m not sure, exactly, what I’m  looking for, in eras of fabric - other than three different cotton fabrics which will work together and some co ordinating zigzag tape. I have all the other notions which are needed.
My book gives me templates for the pattern pieces and I’ll spend a little time preparing these templates, later today. I’ll be preparing and sewing up my bag over the next few days. I’ll share my purchases and give a quick review of the shops I visit on Friday.

Thanks for calling in today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment