Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Birthday Gifts

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing an early birthday gift today. I have just enjoyed a lovely weekend with family and was given a very special ball of yarn (amongst other surprise gifts). This yarn is from Wool And The Gang, the Crazy Sexy Wool. I’ve long been a fan of their yarn and have enjoyed several of their kits over the years.

                  

The colour is an amazing Moss Green and just the sort of colour I would go for, myself ! I’ve been wondering what to do with it for a few days and am hovering between a chunky cowl with an interesting (yet to be decided) stitch pattern or a cardigan. If I go for the cardigan idea, I will, of course, need to add more yarn.
I did abandon a chunky cardigan project a few weeks ago because the yarn I was using, didn’t quite fit the job. You can check out the idea and the problems here and here. In the end, I knitted another pattern and have completed a lovely cardigan but I did love the original idea and the colour of my new gift yarn would be wonderful for the cardigan. The gift yarn is exactly right for the original pattern so there would be no problems there. The jury is still out. But it’s a lovely problem to have. I’ll work out my decision over the next few days and let you know.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment