Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 4 March 2019

Pinafore Dress Sewing

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my latest sewing project today. I’ve mentioned this make before on the blog (read about it here ) but I can announce its finally, underway. I was waiting for some lovely lining fabric from Seasalt (check the range here). I love the Seasalt fabric prints and especially the one I’ve chosen for my new project.
My project is a pinafore dress by Marilla Walker. I’ve cut out and overlocked some of the fabric pieces as well as sewing the shoulder straps. This is not a big project so a couple of short sessions this week should be enough to complete my dress.

                  
Initially, I was undecided about the main fabric for the pinafore dress. My choice included a stretch jersey Denim and a more conventional stretch denim fabric. After much thought, I chose the jersey denim and having started the sewing, I’m happy with my choice. The fish lining fabric is lovely. I do like a fish print. I’m considering making the little shirt in this pattern using the fish fabric (you can see the schematic in my photo story, to the left of my pinafore). I’ll wait until I’ve finished my pinafore and check out the amount of fabric left. I’ll share any progress with the dress later this week.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment