Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 March 2019

Miss Mitchell’s New Necklace

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new Make today - it’s a statement necklace called Miss Mitchell Garden Necklace. I’ve been thinking about this design for some time and eventually timetabled the project into my work. The idea behind my necklace is inspired by Tatty Devine, the jewellery designer brand. You can read all about the brand here.
Here’s a quick look at my necklace.

                    

I love my new necklace. As usual, Miss Mitchell is part of my creative inspiration. The Miss Mitchell story gives me a garden link, Miss Mitchell appears in lots of my work. She’s an imaginary teacher and gardener. This time, that’s about it for the Miss Mitchell link. She simply gives me a focus. However, I’m also keen to develop more of these necklaces with different designs and Miss Mitchell will help me come up with more ideas.

The Tatty Devine inspiration goes back many years, I bought a design with a glitter bow and although it’s a bit messy/well worn now, I do still wear it from time to time. I like the idea of lots of Tatty Devine designs, they are often large pieces and not always right for me but always original and interesting.

I made my flower necklace from glazed polymer clay with a stainless steel chain. No clasp, the length easily fits over my head. I especially like this length. I made the flowers using a small mould and have mounted the flowers on a flat oval shape. I fired each component separately and mounted the flowers onto the oval plate. The piece was then glazed several times to get the shine finish.

I’m thinking about more flowers in more/varied colours but using a similar idea. My next piece will be different shades of red. I’d also like to develop some designs with messages and related to Making things. Watch this space.

Thanks for calling in today.




Photo done

here for tatty link

No comments:

Post a Comment