Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 15 March 2019

Knit News

Hi Everyone 
My latest knitting project (garment size) is a shrug-like cardigan designed by Kate Davies, the St. Catherines cardigan. The cardigan is a bottom up design and knit in the round. I seem to have been knitting the bottom section forever ! However, I’ve now progressed to the back and have split the 372 stitches for the sleeve sections. I’m hoping my cardigan will grow a little quicker from this point on.

                 

I’m using Cascade 220 Sport Yarn with 4mm needles. This was exactly as per the pattern gauge. The cardigan has lots of shaping going on and I’m intrigued to see how the front and sleeves develop. I’m finding this an interesting Knit although the whole thing is produced with Garter stitch. I’m not, usually, that keen on lots of Garter stitch but for this garment, it seems exactly the right.
There’s not much more to say, I’ll keep going and see where I get to next week. Wherever I find myself next Friday, I’ll give an update here.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday with more Making plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment