Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 April 2019

Summer Top or Nightwear ?


Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new (potential) Make today. This time it’s a Summer Top idea. 
Looking in my wardrobe, I’m missing tops (especially me Made) for warm weather. The last few days have been very warm, it’s probably all over (for now) but I’m sure we will get the good weather back and a few new tops would be good.

               
My plan is to use my recent Nightwear pattern for a top. The finished fit is especially good for me and in the right fabric, I think a little top would be lovely. I have some very pretty cotton batik picked out for the job. The fabric is generally blue with lots of splashes of bright colours. I only have one metre of this fabric, so am hoping I can get the front and back, cut out in the two standard pieces. My only concern is about the length. However, I’m considering piecing an extra add on hem, if it’s a bit short. This modification could improve the top and make it less like nightwear. 
I like the pleats (see my photo story,bottom right) on the front but may stitch them on top rather than inside. This will again, give the top an extra decorative feature. I will leave out bows and ribbon and may add a couple of tiny buttons on the front. I also like the small frills gathered around the neck and sleeves, so they will stay.
I think this top will work well with jeans and shorts. If successful, I have a number of other 1 metre pieces of fabric that could be Summer tops. I’m sure there are lots of opportunities to hack the pattern to give a few variations.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll share my top when complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment