Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 30 April 2019

The Sock Saga continues.....

Hi Everyone 
I’ve another knitting sad moment to report. Having made good progress and upped my game re colourwork and socks, sadly it doesn’t fit ! My first version of the Molly sock (read about it here) caused a few problems but I thought , I’d sorted things out and made good progress. As you can see from my photo story - top image - I’d put a heel in and was quite a few rows into the foot of the sock. I decided to try on the sock and it was clear, the sock would not comfortably fit. I could get the sock on but the instep part of my foot caused lots of strain on the front (where the heel meets the top and bottom) and getting the sock on and off was difficult. So, it had to come out and I’ve started again, this is version 3. 

                      
Having realised the problem, I went for a walk to think through my next move. I did consider, only partially, frogging the sock - back to the point just before the heel but that didn’t quite work either ! 
It seems, my mistake was to come down a size from version 1. This sock (#1) did seem a bit big but clearly, I need the larger size when working in stranded colourwork. I’ve taken the sock out and have made around 3-4 rows.
 I think, I have a reasonable chance of success this time- only time will tell !
I’m treating the drama as practicing my skills. If everything works out, I’ll do a more detailed story of the changes I’ve made or are about to make, regarding the pattern. All is well at the moment.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment