Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 5 April 2019

Knit News

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing the progress of my current (main) knitting project today, the St Catherine’s Cardigan by a Kate Davies. I’ve been knitting this garment for a few weeks and it’s going well. It’s quite a quick knit, I’ve been quite surprised at the progress I’ve made to date. Look back here for my introduction post on the St Catherine’s knit.

              

The pattern is split into various sections of the garment and each element adds shape to it. I’ve chosen to knit various bits out of sequence to try and get the right fit. At some points, I could not decide where the design was going eg getting the bottom length didn’t seem possible ? However, I had faith with Kate Davies and just went with it ! The sleeves also caused me to think ! I’ve decided to keep the sleeves ‘live’ until the end with an option to lengthen. I want to make sure the whole piece works with a longer sleeve. Kate’s version has cropped sleeves. You can just see the wool balls tucked into the sleeves in my photo (top image), ready to knit more rows if necessary. I’m knitting the neck section at the moment, then it’s the bottom band. I think, Im quite close to finishing. I love my cardigan already. I’m hoping to finish over the next week.

The only other thing on my needles is a pair of socks. I’ve not added much knitting to these socks for a few weeks. I’m hoping I can move them on next week and share the progress here.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a lovely weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making news.


No comments:

Post a Comment