Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 22 April 2019

Knitting Socks

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my latest sock knitting project today. The Molly socks from the wonderful #tantulltussocks book by Anna Bergman. This is the first sock pattern from the book and I’ve had the sock on my needles for a few months. I’ve been distracted by several sweaters knits but they have been completed and now it’s time for these socks.

               
Sadly, the quality of my knitting was so bad - I’ve pulled the whole thing out and started again ! Drastic measures ! However, I know, I wouldn’t have worn the socks as they were -  so it’s for the best. I’m a very tight knitter and my colourwork was almost matted together, especially where I’d changed to a new needle. I’m using Magic Loop and the edges of the sock were not good. The yarn was pulled much too tightly, giving the impression of a seam. I had the idea of going up a needles size, so did just that. Unfortunately, the knitting was too slack for the beginning of the sock. I’ve gone back to my original size  needles and will try the next size up for the colourwork. 
Usually, I can stop this overtight knitting, once I’m aware of it. Not sure why it took me so long to decide it was too tight and consequently, no good ? I’m also not 100% sure about the Short Row Heel technique. I like a very neat join and at the moment, my technique is poor. You can just see this heel technique in my photostory. I will practice one more time (as per the pattern) but if I don’t get it next time, I’ll revert to my tried and tested Heel with a flap. Such as life !
 I’ll keep going with my plan of sizing up the needles, as I get to the colourwork and will share my thoughts when I’m  there, probably a few days.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment