Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 29 April 2019

Shetland Wool Week Pattern for 2019

Hi Everyone 
I had a lovely morning on Saturday- a breakfast meet with my local knitting group, followed by a session- knitting the Shetland Wool Week Beanie Pattern for 2019. The pattern is called the Roadside Beanie by Oliver Henry. I’d had a preview of the Beanie at Edinburgh Yarn Festival in March but hadn’t really looked  at the pattern (in detail), so the pattern came as a bit of a surprise.
After a lovely breakfast, I was ready to knit. I was thrilled to find out, we needed 7 different colours of Jamieson & Smith yarn. So many lovely colours to choose from. The pattern does suggest several different colourway options but I needed to go for my own ! Not sure why ? but I felt the need to choose yellow/ citrus shades along with a few greys. I just stood at a wall of yarn (in my lovely local yarn shop - Fine Fettle Fibres) and simply chose the colours which spoke to me, then the next etc. In the end, I had my seven colours.

             

I’ve made reasonable progress and have used 6 colours, the final yarn is another shade of yellow. I love the combination and have decided to use these colours for a cardigan sometime soon.

Regarding the pattern, I’m not totally convinced about the sheep motif or the boat- I do acknowledge this is the back story to the pattern (apologies to Oliver Henry). If you would like a copy of the pattern you can find it here. You can read all about the story. I do love the ribbing and the crown pattern. For my Beanie, I will change the sheep for some regularly spaced lines and the boats will get a cross and/or gate shape.

I have quite a few other projects on the needles at the moment. I need to manage each one to make sure I work on them all. I’m hoping to knit a few lines of my hat each evening and will share progress here on the blog.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment