Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Sewing Update

Hi Everyone 
Following on from yesterday’s sewing news, I’ve managed to build my pattern (from digital download), cut out my fabric and I’m ready for sewing. This is the Ogden Cami garment by True Bias. As I mentioned yesterday, this little top will complement the latest LB Pullover I made over the weekend. I’ve made a few changes to the sleeves of the LB. I wanted a 3/4 length and although, I did shorten the sleeves, they are not quite as short as I’d imagined. So, I’ve added an inverted pleat at the elbow point, this gives a permanent drapey fold, midway down the sleeve and is just what I was looking for. I’ll post a few images of this feature and the completed garment over the next few days.
Meanwhile, the Cami fabric has been prepared for sewing. I’ll, hopefully, get the top sewn up today.

                    
I used a rotary cutter and the trusted 2p pieces (as pattern weights) for cutting out. There are only five pieces for the pattern, so quite a quick job. The pink fabric is a lovely colour and surprisingly easy to sew. I had initially thought, I would have problems with the four way stretch and the slippery nature of the fabric but no problems at all ! 
Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow to share my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment