Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 1 April 2019

Everything Indigo

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing one of my lovely birthday gifts today - a book all about Indigo. I’ve dabbled with Indigo before and am a huge fan. I love all things blue. This book, Indigo by Kerstin Neumuller and Douglas Luhanko, is a practical and inspirationional look at Indigo, from plant to pigment. There are several dye recipes in the book as well as ideas on how to create beautiful patterns with fabric and a few projects. There’s also a look at Shashiko ( Japanese embroidery technique) and Boro (patching and mending garments) - I love all this stuff !

                      

I’m not entirely sure about how and when I’ll be testing out some of the ideas yet ? I’m hoping to come up with a plan over the next few weeks. I’d like to dye some yarn (hand spun) and also some wool fibre (for spinning) alongside fabrics - all very exciting ! I need to read the whole book several times and really try and understand the theory of dying with Indigo. There’s so much to take in and like all skills, experience is important. I have a huge need to get to grips with this one, and am especially motivated to learn.
I’ll be revisiting this subject many times over the next few months and I’ll share my experiences here on the blog. My first task is to come up with a plan and a series of little experiments. I have a small garden shed with the idea of creating a dye shed, something I’ve talked about for a year or so. My thinking is to develop a plan and action the dying when the weather improves. I’ll be sharing my plans ove the next month or so.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment