Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 April 2019

Easter Eggs or Fabric ?

Hi Everyone 
I don’t really like chocolate - shock horror ! It’s fine in very small amounts, in a biscuit or cake but a Chocolate Easter Egg does nothing for me. So, instead, as an Easter Egg replacement,  I received a couple of pieces of beautiful fabric. Blue, of course.

               
I’ve been looking at this fabric for some time. It’s 100% cotton from Seasalt. My photo isn’t highlighting the colours but there are lots of different blues/greens, mainly blue, with a lighter (neutral)colour large check. The fabric is very pretty and destined to make a skirt. I’m planning to make the Saltmarsh skirt from Merchant&Mills. You can check out the design here. This design is one of the designs from the lovely Merchant&Mills Workbook.

 The skirt is a simple, long-line design (with side pockets) which is gently gathered into the waistline with a drawstring tie.  I hope to get all the pieces cut over the next few days and I’ll share the progress of the project here on the blog. I’m hoping this skirt will be a useful addition to my Summer wardrobe. I’m not usually a skirt person but this skirt seems just right for my new fabric and I’d like to plan a few more items around this skirt. I’ll be thinking more about this idea.
Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment