Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Next Sewing Projet

Hi Everyone 
I’m almost ready to start my next garment sewing project. This time it’s a pattern from the Breaking The Pattern book by Named. I love the designs in this book and could happily work through them all ! However, my starting Make will be the Ruska Tunic. I’m using a lightweight knit fabric in black with small cream coloured hearts. The fabric is rather sheer so I’m planning on lining it with another lightweight plain black knit fabric. I’ve been pondering this idea ie the lining for a few days and have finally decided to go for it. I’m still not 100% sure it’s the right thing to do but I’d like to try.

              
The tunic is very simple in design. There are only four pattern pieces. The tunic is long ( almost calf length) with a deep slit at the front and there’s three different sleeve length options. There’s also an option for the collar, a simple round band or a turtle collar. I’ve decided on a capped sleeve length (as per the photograph) and a turtle collar. This garment will be something to wear over trousers or perhaps a long flowing skirt. 
I tend not to wear much black but this fabric was a gift and I think it will work beautifully. I’d also like to make some wide black trousers to compliment the tunic (there’s another great trouser pattern in the book).
My plan for today is to produce the tunic pattern ready for cutting out tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment