Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 4 April 2019

Making Frame Purses

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a project, started earlier this week in one of our local Making Workshops. This project is all about creating printed fabric and making a frame purse from the fabric. I have a couple of samples, prepared specifically for the workshop but I’ve also started a purse for myself. I’m using some meMade fabric from an earlier workshop and have a grain of an idea to prepare some quilting for my purse. I like the idea of using the story within my printed fabric to inform how the quilting will develop. I’m going to use my sewing machine to quilt a series of lines around the images on my fabric. I may also introduce a few beads in strategic places ?
Here’s a quick look at the frame purse samples as well as the new purse ‘to be’:

                       

All the purses use a similar ‘sewn in’ frame but each has a different size and shape of the actual purse bit. My new purse fabric (bottom right) has lots of images around travel over/ in the sea. I’d like to reflect the sewing machine lines as wave like ripples. It’s a nice idea but probably quite difficult to achieve. I’m happy to develop something which is symbolic ! We will wait and see what happens, I’ll go with whatever looks good. I’ll share some details of the project as I work and the final purse over the next week or so.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment