Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Ursa Update

Hi Everyone 
Sadly, I didn’t manage to get any sewing done yesterday. All my plans changed and there was no time or energy left to complete my Ogden Cami (read back a few days to get the back story on this sewing project. However, I always make time for a little knitting at the end of my day, so I’m sharing progress with the Ursa sweater by Jacqueline Cieslak : 

              
I’m almost there ! Annoyingly, I have run out of yarn ! There’s only a very short way to the end of the second sleeve . I love the long sleeve so that’s it ,I need one more ball of yarn !! I love both the pattern and the yarn. This Ursa will not be the only one I knit. I’m already wondering what I can do with my leftover yarn. Could I, add more yarn to make a second Ursa in a new colour or adapt my pattern to a cardigan ?  I like the idea of the cardigan. I think, I need to overdye more yarn to give me a new colour - possibly a green ? I can include my leftover ball and create a new colour batch for a second Ursa. Sounds like a plan.
This sweater is a little longer than I expected. However, measurements from the pattern giving a 20.5cm from the underarm to hem, is spot on. I’m thinking , my next sweater could be a little shorter. The sweater only suggests 4 balls of yarn and I think, I could have made that work with a slightly shorter body. Having said that, I’m very happy with the fit - it’s roomy without being too big. I love a boxy look and this fits the bill, perfectly.
I’ll get some photos of me wearing my new Ursa when I’ve completed the sleeve.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment