Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 11 April 2019

New on my needles

Hi Everyone 
I have a new knitting project to share today. I actually started it a few days ago but as per usual, I wasn’t 100% happy with the quality of my starting attempt. So, it came out. All is well and it’s back together, as seen in the photo.

                      
The Ursa by Jacqueline Cieslak is a cropped sweater worked from the top down. The yarn is Dovestone chunky in shade 2. It’s beautiful yarn, there’s a slight variation in the fibres which give the yarn a bit of interest and it’s very soft. The yarn is from my local yarn shop Fine Fettle Fibres check it out here. Also make sure you check out Jacqueline Cieslak on Instagram . Jacqueline has a great handmade wardrobe style which I love.

Back to my sweater knit, there’s a couple of special techniques used at the beginning of the pattern and I found this tricky ! I’m not sure why ? - hindsight is a great thing. However, there’s plenty pattern support from Jacqueline on Instagram and on Ravelry, so all is well. I’m back on track and am ready to join in the round. 

I think the Ursa will be great for wearing over summer dresses early in the season as well as layering generally. A good excuse to start thinking about making summer dresses ! I think this will be a relatively quick knit and am super enthusiastic to knit more today. I have lots of tasks on my to do list but just know, I will be distracted by knitting. I am on holiday(again), so that’s OK !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment