Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 April 2019

Necklaces ‘to be’

Hi Everyone 
As I mentioned yesterday, I had a plan to make a scissors necklace (check out yesterday’s post for details). Predictably, one little job turned into half a days experiments - such as life in my world ! I had a lovely time. Instead of one scissors necklace, I managed to produce five pieces. Each of my necklaces ‘to be’ will need more work. I’ve baked/cured the initial polymer clay shapes and constructed them into their intended final place (for now). Things could change. I’ve come up with two flower designs, a leaf combination, a bee and my scissors.

             

My next step is to sand and arrange each of the components again, and fix them onto their mount plates with liquid polymer. I’ll re bake the pieces and glaze, as a whole and finally add a chain. 
For some reason the initial scissors idea seems to have been relegated to the bottom of the pile. I didn’t give my scissors enough attention, so didn’t manage to add different colours to the piece. I do want to get to this idea, so will test out the idea after I’ve completed this batch of necklaces.

I’ll share the finished necklaces before the end of the week. Each necklace needs three layers of glaze and a day in between for drying, so it’s a bit of a drawn out affair and not that interesting to watch !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment