Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 15 April 2019

Sewing Project Update

Hi Everyone 
Just a quick note to update my current sewing Plans. I’ve almost completed my latest LB Pullover, as planned (look back to last weeks blog for the back story). The new LB is bright pink with a small contrast rib collar, 3/4 ribbed sleeves and a simple double stitched hem. The hem is yet to be completed but the Pullover is made. I love it. 

                 
I especially like the colour and the drapeyness of the fabric, so much so - I’ve decided to make an Ogden Cami by Truebias, using the same fabric. I’m hoping the two items will work well together. The Pullover is quite a short garment and I’ve shortened it very slightly from my previous LB’s. My thinking is to allow the Cami hem to end slightly below the LB, giving a layered look. As the fabric is fine and drapey, I’m hoping the cami will also act as a foundation slip garment. 
I like the way the lighter pink rib elements of the LB keep it a casual piece but the 3/4 sleeves add a little style. Generally, I’m pleased with the whole idea of this version. Amazingly, I still have new ideas for variations of the LB Pullover. I’m now working on an idea for a dress ! Watch this space.

Thanks for calling in today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment