Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 23 April 2019

Ursa Problems

Hi Everyone 
My Ursa sweater has been completed. However, all is not well ! I can wear my sweater but it’s not quite what I wanted. So, I’m afraid it’s got to come out. Here’s a quick look at the problem areas. See all the * points on my photo story.

              

The first and biggest problem point is where the arms meet the body. The photo doesn’t quite show the extent of the poor fit, there’s lots of extra fabric in the front and the back. I’m not absolutely certain why this has happened ?, although - I did need to knit far more rows before dividing for the arms (as per the pattern instructions). Alarm bells started at this point for me.
The second issue is the width of the upper arms. Again, I can wear the sweater but it’s not totally comfortable and the armhole shape seems narrow and too long. The bottom of the armhole is much too low. This distortion causes the extra fabric at the front and back to fold. Not a good fit.
The final issue is the length of the sweater -  it’s too long ! I would like the length to finish  where the rib pattern starts.
Having completed the sweater, there are lots of positives. I love the yarn, Baa Ram Ewe, Dovestone Aran (Colour 2). I love the pattern, Ursa by Jacqueline Cieslak and the construction is very interesting, so it’s a great knit.
Generally, there are too many problems to keep the sweater the way it is. I know I won’t wear it, if it’s not exactly the right fit. So it’s back to the beginning. My plan is to go up a size and try to get a good fit for the arms, I think this is were the majority of the problems started. The length, is an easy one to deal with.
I’ll record progress as I go and share on the blog.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment