Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 12 September 2019

Knitting Project Progress

Hi Everyone 
I’ve not had too much time to Make this week. Almost all my Making time has been given over to knitting. I have two ‘live’ projects, my third Nuuk sweater and a pair of trainer socks.

         

I’ve made great progress with both projects. The socks knitted up beautifully and very quickly. I’ve knitted one sock and am about to cast on the second later this evening. I followed the pattern, exactly. I used the suggested yarn, a Regia Cotton Denim (72% cotton, 18% polyamide,10% polyester). It’s a lovely smooth yarn to knit with and I love the colour. The fabric is surprisingly stretchy and makes the fit very snug.

The Nuuk Sweater is going very well. This is my third Nuuk sweater and I’m super excited to wear this one. The colour is great. I would like to lengthen the sleeves with this one. The original pattern has short sleeves and I’m thinking about a 3/4 length sleeve this time. However, it all depends on how much yarn I have. I won’t know until I’ve finished the body. I’m aiming to have a short, loose body for my Nuuk. I don’t want the rib section to bring the sweater ‘in’, so will knit the rib on larger needles, the pattern goes down a needle for the rib. So far, I’ve completed about 10cm from the underarm point of the sweater. The pattern suggests a finished body length of 33cm from the underarm point. There is a rib of 5cm in the pattern, giving a total of 38cm  from the underarm. I will probably go for a finished length of about 28cm. I’ll try on the sweater, when I get close. I should be able to finish the body by the end of the weekend. I share the project again, on Monday to show my progress.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment