Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 13 September 2019

New Sewing Project

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new sewing project today. The fabric is from my latest SewHayleyJane Box. You can check out the SewHayleyJane subscription idea here. I dip in and out of the subscription, my initial idea was to take the box so I would try different fabrics, particularly fabrics that I wouldn’t necessarily have chosen. On the whole it’s been quite successful but I have decided to give the box a break. I have only ever tried the basic version of the subscription and this means only one metre of the main fabric with several Fat Quarters and other embellishments/threads as well as a great little inspiration booklet. The Fat Quarters are always great and I love making bags and small projects using these bits. The main fabric is also great quality but I do struggle to use it for something special, I often wish I had an opportunity to buy more. I’ve made several summer tops and a skirt with my metre and the latest fabric will be made into one of my favourite LB Pullover Tops. You can check out my favourite LB Top here.

             

The fabric for my LB ‘to be’ is a check polyester crepe with printed flowers. I definitely wouldn’t have chosen the fabric print but I’m quite keen on my idea of a LB Pullover. I think it will work well. I’ll make the cowl neck version but I’m not sure about the sleeve finish. I’ve considered a faux cuff idea ? I’ll need to check out the amount of fabric required.

This is a very quick Make. I use my overlocker for most of the LB sewing so things progress very fast. The slowest part is cutting out. Hopefully, I will have my LB ready to wear in a day or two.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment