Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 September 2019

New Knit Project

Hi Everyone 
I’ve started a new sweater. I’m using the tried and tested Nuuk pattern by Jonna Hietala. I love this pattern. It’s a dream to knit and such a good garment to wear. I already have two of these sweaters but am very happy to be knitting a third. There will be more.

      

This time I’ve chosen a lovely green colour. I’m using the yarn taken from a previous sweater (ripped out a few weeks ago), a 4ply Merino yarn held together with a lace weight Merino. I’ve swatched and I’m getting the right fabric, so I’m ready to start. I like the way my yarns  are working together, the colours are great and the yarn feels good to knit.
My previous Nuuk sweaters have given me a few ideas about sizing and adapting the shape to suit my body shape. I will shorten the length (from the pattern) and knit the rib with the same size needle (4.5 mm). My first Nuuk went down a needle for the rib and it’s not the look I want. The larger needle for the rib produces a loose, relaxed fit around the bottom and the edge of the sleeves and much better for me. If I have enough yarn, I may like to lengthen the sleeves ? I’ll need to wait and see.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment