Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 27 September 2019

Knitting Update

Hi Everyone 
I think, I’ve finished my new Nuuk sweater ? My hesitation is there because - I’m not 100% sure the fit is as good as it should be ! That said, it’s more to do with how I can wear my sweater rather than the actual size. Initially, I wanted a much wider body shape and Ive ended up with something which is quite snug. I’m not doing anything just now, I’ll ponder the fit for a while and make my decision in a few weeks. It’s important to me, that the sweater is truly wearable. 

         

I love the colour of the Nuuk, the fabric of the sweater is lovely and it’s so very soft. I like the long sleeves, this is the hack from the original design by Jonna Hietala. I’ve created a cropped length for the sweater, which is perfect.
Generally, everything is good with the project. It’s just that little question about the amount of ease I have. If things don’t work out, I’ll rip out and start again. I’ve used up all the yarn I have with this version. If I choose to knit a wider body for the sweater, I’ll loose some length on the sleeves. Perhaps, I’ll need to go for a half sleeve ? However, for now - I think I’ve finished !

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment