Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 19 September 2019

Nuuk Progress

Hi Everyone 
A quick post today to share progress with my latest Nuuk knit.

             

There are lots of things I love about my Nuuk, however, there are some questions. I am very pleased with the yarns, I’ve held a 4 ply Merino with a Merino lace weight yarn in quite similar colours. The yarns compliment each other and the final fabric has a lovely depth which is very pleasing. The 4 ply is a recycled (several times) cardigan. The original cardigan was knitted a few years ago and it didn’t work for me. The Nuuk is so much better.

However, there are questions around finishing the final details of my Nuuk. I had an idea that long sleeves would be good. Now, I’m not sure ? I decided to complete both a long and short sleeve to see. I’ve done that and am still undecided. I got to the point of pulling out the long sleeve and having tried on the sweater, have decided to make the second sleeve. Also, how long should my sweater be. It’s not there yet. I want a cropped length but also am unsure about the width of the rib ? I feel the rib width needs to be reflected in the sleeve rib. My final issue is the amount of positive ease in the sweater. I thought I’d like lots of positive ease and I haven’t got this. Perhaps, I should have gone up a size or two ?

Lots of questions. My way forward is to complete two long sleeves, lengthen the body and increase the rib width slightly. At this stage, I can’t increase the positive ease. Having said all that, I do like the fit of the evolving sweater. It’s fits well and feels comfortable. If things don’t work out, no problem, I’ll rip out and start again. I’ll let you know in a few days. 

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment