Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 30 September 2019

Spinning Update

Hi Everyone 
I’m ready to start swatching for a new sweater project today. I’ve been spinning yarn to knit part of the project. There is a need for more yarn  to complete my plan. You can read about the fibres and the plan here and here
So far, I’ve developed the yarn to be used for a lace element of the sweater. I’ve also acquired some mohair, to be held with the newly spun yarn. More yarn is needed to complete my sweater - yet to be decided. Lots of decisions to be made.

            

My plan is to start the lace element and decide which colour yarn suits the sweater. I could go for navy or grey. I need to hold the mohair together with the yarn for both the lace section and the additional body/arms element. The mohair is navy in colour, obviously, this will affect how the final fabric looks. I’m quite excited about this knit. It will be a challenge for me, concentrating to produce lace - not one of my strong points !
However, I’m pleased with how my spin has worked out and am looking forward to this project. I’ll cover this story in more detail as I produce various elements of the sweater.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment