Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 20 September 2019

Silver Stuff

Hi Everyone 
Just a quick look at another little silver ring today. 

              

I’m slightly obsessed with stacking little bits of silver on my rings and other jewellery components. I’m never quite sure how (exactly) the designs will work out and that seems to be the attraction ! I could place the pieces of silver and use soldering wire to keep them in a specific position before soldering everything together but it’s much more interesting to build the stack as I go. There’s a chance (every time) that all the bits will not, securely, attach together. However, the more pieces I make, the more reliable I am.
Some of my final rings are not quite balanced, in terms of sitting on the finger without slipping and rolling around. The ring size needs to be quite snug and the weight distributed for success. I quite like the challenge. If things don’t work, I can undo, prepare the silver and start again. Love this experimental approach. 
My next experiments will be with earrings. 

Thanks for calling in today. 
Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment