Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 23 September 2019

Spinning a Sweater

Hi Everyone 
I have a plan for my latest spinning project. Initially, I simply wanted to get back into spinning so found some lovely fibres to spin. You can read all the details about the materials here
I’ve completed around 150gm of blue fibre and have a little more to go. My plan is to work towards combining the lighter blue/grey colour with the darker blue yarn. I will ply my two colours to give me enough to make part of a sweater. The sweater design I’ve chosen is Woodbine by Fiona Alice. This pattern can be found in the latest Laine magazine (on the cover). The sweater has a lace panel down the front and back and my idea is to produce this in my own yarn. I’ll probably use a contrasting yarn for the remaining part of the sweater. I’m not sure what to use ? I will probably go for a ready to knit yarn rather than a whole sweater spin. 

        

I want to change the pattern slightly. I’ll probably knit the arms in plain stocking stitch, this is different from the pattern. The pattern includes a lace element. I’ll also reduce the length of the sweater to make a cropped version. Hopefully, this will be a good plan. I’ll keep you informed of progress. I’m taking my time with this project, so things will happen slowly.

Thanks for calling in today.

                       




No comments:

Post a Comment