Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 5 September 2019

More Sock Talk

Hi Everyone 
I’m still talking sock knitting. This time, I’m going for a trainer sock. I wear trainer shoes on lots of occasions and am constantly looking for a sock to wear with my trainers. I have a range of sports trainer socks (not hand knitted) which are great for sport but I’d like a few pairs of hand knitted trainer socks for simply walking around. In colder months, my regular socks are fine but in the Summer I like a ‘liner’ style sock. I have concerns about this type of sock design. I don’t want the sock disappearing down the trainers while I’m walking. However, I’m keen to try and find something which will work for me.
Having done lots of research, Ive found a free pattern from the Regia Design Team, you can find the pattern here.

            

I like the idea of colour striping the foot part of the socks and have two different blue colours in mind for this job. The pattern suggests knitting in a 4 ply cotton yarn, so that’s what I’m going for. I’ll let you know how things go.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment