Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 17 November 2016

More Beaded Angels

Hi Everyone
Last week, I introduced a couple of my beaded Christmas Angels for 2016. I've been working on a few extra designs and they are ready to share today. I make a new collection of Angels each year and look for new shaped components to make slight changes in the final Angel.
The Angels are very easy to make, most of the designs, simply thread beads (in a particular order) onto a single head pin with a loop. However, Angel E does have an additional striped component as legs which is made with seed beads on an extra head pin attached under the bell skirt.
My new bead shape for this year is the 'bell' bead. I have various sizes of the bell shape beads - the medium size is a good bead for most of the Angels and offer lots of variations. I also have a small, shiney bell (Angel D) which is perfect for an earring component or chain charm. 

                                  

All the Angels are available in kit form with an instruction sheet and packaged in a pretty organza bag. In previous years, I've used these Angels as an embellishment for a  gift tag as well as an ornament for a tree or table decoration and of course, jewellery charms. I'm sure there are lots more applications. My task today is to develop a design for a larger bell bead Angel. I'll share my results tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment