Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 27 August 2018

Another Crochet Project !

Hi Everyone 
I’ve started another Crochet project! I know, I said never again ! But .......... If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you will know I fail (spectacularly) with all Crochet projects other than dishcloths and bags. I’ve started many crochet projects and within a couple of days, I find myself regretting the plan. However, at my local knitgroup, last Friday, one of my lovely friends came along with (a second) partially finished crochet cardigan. I’d already been impressed by her first version, last year. I acquired the pattern myself (last year) and even bought yarn. Nothing happened. The pattern and the yarn have been lost in my stash.
The new crochet cardigan (from my friend) was looking lovely and I can’t resist having a go. I thought, for a few days, about colours, and have decided upon three colours. Navy, grey and a bright blue. 

             
My current plan is to adopt a navy rib like start with a bright blue single line of treble crochet stitches and the remaining body in grey. I’d like the sleeves to have a similar design. At this point, I’m not sure about the button band and neck band ? I’ll wait and see what looks best. My yarn is Jamieson and Smith 2ply jumper yarn. This is stuff from stash and I’ve got more but probably not enough so I’ll check out the colours and availability before I start.

I could be regretting this plan but I’m going for it anyway. I did say, last time, I would be sticking to dish cloths, bags and blankets for crochet. But, I have this need to make a crochet garment and perhaps, this is the one ? - why not !!
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment