Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 30 August 2018

Crochet Project News

Hi Everyone 
Great news, the Granny Cardigan crochet project is underway. I’ve sourced the yarn and have started the bottom band. There are lots of stitches but it’s going OK so far! I’m only four rows in but all the measurements are as per the pattern - a minor miracle for me and past crochet projects. I’m using a different colour pattern combination for my version of the cardigan. I like the traditional Granny Stripe design but have decided this cardigan needs to be something different. I will use three colours but not in the style of the ‘Granny Stripes’.

           
I’m using a Blacker Yarn Gotland in the Shower shade as my starting yarn. I love this colour, it’s a dark, petrol blue colour. This is the bottom band of the cardigan. The Gotland yarn has produced quite a structured band and is perfect for the measurements given in the pattern. This gives me confidence in what I’m doing. I have a little more of the last band row to complete (dc) and then it’s the stitch pattern (3tr and skip 2 stitches repeat). Hopefully, I can cope with that ! My usual issues with crochet projects come with counting stitches (not the actual crochet stitches) and somehow adding or taking away stitches. I’m aware of these problems, so hopefully, I can concentrate and keep counting. 
My plan is to have the navy button band plus one pattern row, followed by one pattern row of my second colour, Jamieson & Smith 2 ply in shade 132 ( a bright teal blue. The remaining part of the cardigan will be another Jamieson & Smith 2 ply in a dark grey (shade 54). I’ll share progress as I go. The plan is to complete a few rows each day alongside my current sock project (read back a few days for more on the socks).

One other little piece of news to share is an update on the current spin project (read back earlier this week for more on this). In summary, I’m spinning a short session each day and the 100gm fibre is going down, gradually ! Here’s my progress chart for today :

                   
Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more.




No comments:

Post a Comment