Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Stitch Story : Friendship News #1

Hi Everyone 
I’ve made a reasonable start a with my Arabella Mitchell dress toile. As discussed, a few blogs ago, I’d decided to use some old lining fabric for this prototype version of the bodice. I was struggling with enough fabric for cutting the back and decided to patch the piece (see top left photo). My intention with the toile is simply to check the size and fit of the pattern, so piecing the back doesn’t matter.

                
I’ve put the bodice together and am happy with my detail finishing techniques. All aspects of the fit are good. The neckline is a great success and the only thing to think about is wether I should add sleeves ? Originally, I was convinced a sleeveless dress was the way to go - now, I’m not so sure ? 
I like the ‘slip over the head’ design, it’s simple and the cut is good for my body type. The waist line is low and although I’ve not added a skirt to the toile, I think the whole thing will work.
My next move is to think about the sleeve issue and pockets - almost forgot to mention pockets. A Pocket is essential for me. I think it will be Pockets on the side seam (that may change). I’ll work on both issues, today.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more news on this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment