Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 9 August 2018

Stitch Story : Friendship #2

Hi Everyone 
It’s all changed ! My initial plans have been completely turned around and one dress has now become two ! I’m making a second version with a different hack of my pattern.
The new idea is to use some beautiful indigo dyed fabric from way back. The indigo fabric is currently in lots of bits. I dyed this fabric over a year ago at a workshop and it’s been patiently waiting for the right application. My plan is to join all the bits together to form a big enough piece of fabric to make a bodice. The new dress will be called Arabella’s Other Dress and will follow my original design idea, a sleeveless bodice with a gathered skirt and big pockets (on the side/front of the skirt). This time the bodice will be shorter rather than the dropped version in my previous idea, mainly because I’ve too little fabric. In addition, I also have a piece of fabric (ready to dye) which will form the skirt part of the dress. I think, this will be a French Navy colour.

                 

My job today will be to lay the front and back bodice patterns onto lots of possible fabric patches to decide which configuration I will use to make up the final back and front of the bodice. I’ll then, stitch the indigo patches together and make up the bodice. Sounds simple ! - loads of work but I love the idea. I’m going to add embroidery onto the dress too, so there will be another Stitch Story here.
The original Arabella Mitchell Dress will be my green version. I’m going to extend the toile bodice into a dress length and add some pockets into the side seam. This will be a straightforward construction and will have sleeves. That’s definitely the plan. I’m hoping this will not change !!

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment