Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 6 August 2018

Pattern News.

Hi Everyone 
Last week, I mentioned my new Stitch Story Project called Friendship. This project will take a new dress pattern and add lots of embroidery and other embellishments based on a friendship theme. I’ve been concentrating on the dress part first and will make up my dress before turning it into a Stitch Story. So far, I’ve come up with the dress design and drafted my pattern (see below). 

              
I’ve developed a pretty envelope for the pattern and will make up a toile before using my lovely green fabric (check out the green fabric here) 

I’m happy with the design and will start thinking about making my sample toile today. I’ve got a few ideas about fabric. I have some lovely bits of indigo dyed fabric, produced from a workshop last year. None of the bits are big enough for the pattern pieces themselves but I’m thinking about piecing them together to form a bodice for my dress and I have a separate larger piece of plain fabric for the skirt. My only reservation with this idea, is that I would quite like the idea to be a lovely dress (using the indigo fabric) rather than an exercise in checking the pattern. With this in mind, I think, I’ll use some cheap lining fabric. I only need to check the bodice fit and decide on the fastening. My original idea was a zip down the back of the dress. However, my actual pattern allows for a simple over the head fit. I’ll decide if the bodice needs to be a closer fit and add a zip after my toile. More news tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment