Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 23 August 2018

Revamping things

Hi Everyone 
I’ve a little (not so little, really) sewing project to share today. Another result of my major clothing sort session, made over the last two weeks (read back yesterday for a little more on this). My second project is altering a pair of jeans. The jeans may not work out but I’m going to give them a go. I’ve tried altering jeans before and the results have been disappointing. However, I’ve done a bit of research and found some great tutorials on the subject. 
The issue is the huge gap at the back of the waist. This seems to be a problem for lots of people. I often find the back of the waist (on trousers) has a gaping amount of spare fabric. I’m a reasonably regular size for most clothes but trousers, especially jean type trousers almost always have a big waist. My research tells me, lots of people have the same problem. Why are jeans made like this ? 

            

My jeans (above) are in a light grey, distressed finish. There are quite a few seams which will need to be altered, I’ll need to take out approximately 10 cms. at the centre back ! To help keep me on track, I’m using a great tutorial I’ve found. Check it out here crafty tutorial - it’s brilliant.

I have another pair of jeans which need some altering but will test out the technique with this pair first. Wish me luck. I’ll report on the job in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment