Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 31 August 2018

Mini Sewing Project : Update

Hi Everyone 
I’ve been tackling a few sewing mini projects recently. One of the projects I featured ( here and here) is a pair of jeans that surfaced after a wardrobe sort. These jeans have always been a poor fit on the waist and I’ve resorted to wearing a belt to bring in, almost 10cm, of spare fabric. The large gap at the back didn’t look good and was particularly uncomfortable when sitting, consequently, I didn’t wear the trousers very much. Go back and read the links above for more information about the alteration plan.
However, all is well and the jeans are like new. The alteration is hugely successful and I’m wearing the jeans (as I write). I’m not sure why ? but I have an enormous sense of achievement having completed the job.

            
I’d decided to have a go with this pair of jeans and if the end result was poor, the jeans would just have to go to the scrap heap (probably into my fabric stash). If, however, all was good - I have several more pairs of trousers/jeans which need the same treatment. So, lots more projects added to my list ! I am beyond pleased with the results. I’m amazed at how well the repair has turned out. If you have a similar issue, don’t hesitate. Read the link posts and follow the instructions to the letter.

Next is a quick spin update for today and it’s a good one. I’m up to 50% of my 100gm (read back yesterday for more on this). That means, I’m starting a new bobbin and will ply both bobbins after I’ve done the next 50gms. Hope that makes sense. When I’ve completed the next 50gms , I’ll go into more detail and share more photos of the job.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment