Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 16 August 2018

Arabella’s Other Dress Report #2

Hi Everyone 
I managed to complete the sleeves and skirt prep. for my dress project (look back yesterday for more on this project). I had hoped to attach the pieces to the bodice but I just ran out of time. However, they are all ready to go, so I should get them attached today. 

            

Generally, all went well. I’m not totally decided on the final sleeve length so I’ve added more to my original 3/4 length idea. Also, the skirt waist pleats are estimated, so I’ll probably need to alter them to fit my bodice. The finished fit will be quite loose and there’s a generous raised waist line. The dark blue colour is growing on me, I like the skirt/sleeve combination and feel it’s the right choice.

This dress will be the basis for my next Stitch Story and as I’m working, ideas for the embroidery part of the project are jumping into my head. For more on the last Stitch Story read back on the blog. This Story is all about Friendship. My initial ideas are phrases and names but I’m also thinking about dates and places. I’ve started a little page in my daily notebook for ideas and I'll add ideas as they appear in my head.

Hopefully, tomorrow I’ll have something which looks like a dress to share.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment