Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Remodelling

Hi Everyone 
I’m on yet another, ongoing, battle with my clothes storage ! Generally, I’ve been struggling with storage in my bedroom for years but recently the situation has got seriously out of hand. None of my regular clothing could fit into the wardrobe and I couldn’t, easily, find or get anything ‘in or out’. I had reached crisis point ! 
So, the week before last, everything changed. I tackled a single drawer or shelf each day and by the weekend, all is (almost) sorted - I still have a couple of small spaces to sort but I’m almost there. I now have seven bin bags of clothing for recycling and some for repurposing. I’m feeling quite good about my new set up. It’s been quite a cathartic experience
Alongside the clothing I’ve decided to donate to charity, there are a couple of  pieces which I’m going to repurpose or redesign in some way. The first item is a pair of trousers. I’ve had these trousers for many years and can’t remember when I last used them. One of the time consuming things about my sorting job was that I needed to try on most of the clothes to check if they fit or were to stay in my Collection. Having tried on these trousers, I decided, I would like to keep them. However, the trousers looked a bit dated in their original state. The possible solution was to shorten them and create a 3/4 length to make them look more contemporary. So, I’ve cut quite a chunk from the length and am in the process of hemming each leg.

     
The new cropped trousers are a good fit and I like the biscuit coloured striped cotton fabric. The legs are quite wide and the new length feels right. Hopefully, I will get the hems finished today and will be able to wear my remodelled trousers at the weekend.

Thanks for calling in today.





No comments:

Post a Comment