Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 10 August 2018

Stitch Story: Friendship #3

Hi Everyone 
The latest Stitch Story dress is under construction. Read back a few days for more on this project. I’m calling the new dress Arabella’s Other Dress. This dress will be made from bits of indigo dyed fabric (dyed last year). I’ve re drafted the pattern from a quick try of the toile (made a few days ago) and have cropped the bodice. It’s not very short but slightly higher than my natural waistline. After the new pattern shape was decided, I played around with placing the indigo pieces onto the new size and finally decided on their positions. I needed to cut and stitch the bodice part. I used French Seams to give a good, neat finish to the front and the resulting fabric is good. I like the way in which the darker blue sections slightly frame the bodice.

               
All the dress pieces, other than the skirt and pockets are cut and ready for sewing (bottom left photo). I do have the skirt part fabric, currently undyed cotton. I’m going to try and dye the fabric a solid French Navy colour. I’m not sure about the pockets ? I’m thinking some of the French Navy, trimmed in some way with small sections of my indigo dyed fabric. I have some lovely bits left from the back shoulder saddle area and  I think this would work well, tying the design together.
As I’m working, I’m coming up with ideas of areas of the indigo patterns where I can add some embroidery. I’m really pleased how  my dress is developing. It’s turning out better than expected, so far ! I love the fabric (lots of story behind the fabric) and how it gives me an opportunity to stitch another story. This dress (as well as the original green version - read back for more on this) will also get the Friendship theme. I have a few friends, especially keen on all things indigo. This dress will celebrate our friendship within the indigo connection.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment