Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Stitch Story : Friendship

Hi Everyone 
I’ve made no progress with my dress pattern (read back yesterday for more on this). For some reason, my day didn’t work out the way I’d planned, yesterday. However, I’ve got my toile fabric ready and will cut out the bodice today. I’m also spending some time thinking about the embroidered patches which are a key element of the completed dress design. I’m wondering how I can add them to the dress ?

           
The templates are from the wonderful Jessie Chorley ( a birthday gift last year). I’m thinking, I will embroider the patches alongside the dress construction. The dress is all about displaying my Stitch Story, so these patches and the other embellishments (yet to be thought about) are very important. I know, I need to come up with some words and phrases which will also appear on the dress. At the moment, I’m not sure how the final piece will look. This project will evolve and Im sure I’ll be changing my mind often. 
I also want to hand stitch lots of the dress and the slow stitching time will help me to develop ideas for the project. Hopefully, I can make some progress today. Wish me luck ! I’ll be back tomorrow with any news.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment