Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 13 August 2018

Bead Weaving

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing a little project which will form a Making Workshop, I hope. I’ve been experimenting with weaving beads on a bead loom. These looms are a made From Scratch item but have had a recent makeover. The original track guides for threading the loom didn’t work so well, so a new component has been created. The loom in my photo story is the prototype. There will be a few more improvements but this one is working OK.

                 
I’ve chosen some beads at random from the bead boxes (bottom left) and will weave the beads onto the 7 threads as per my set up in the photos. I’ll add a sliding clasp (the clasp slides over the last row of beads) when I’ve completed the weaving part and produce a bracelet. Sounds simple, it’s really quite simple as long as the tension is good and the beads are well chosen (for shape). The seed beads I’m using are OK but there are odd examples of strange shapes and these need to be carefully sorted and binned. If the odd shaped beads are added, the bracelet takes on a rather uneven lines and doesn’t look good. I’ve made a start on the weaving but am waiting for the slide clasps to arrive before a I can finish.
I’ll share my progress tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment