Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 17 August 2018

Arabella’s Other Dress Update #3

Hi Everyone 
I’m almost there! Generally, Arabella’s Other Dress is a success or it will be soon. I’ve added the sleeves and stitched them in place. I’ve also added (temporarily) the skirt. Having tried on the dress (with pins on the waist) I’m not sure the pleats are in the right place. I feel they need to come further into the middle, at the front. The back pleats, I think, are Ok. My next move is to re arrange the pleats and try on again.

              

                        

I do love the feel of wearing the dress (even with the pins). It’s one of those ‘I feel dressed’ sort of dresses. My initial thought, as I tried it on was - I need several more just like this for the Winter. I’m thinking corduroy and possibly heavy cotton (lined) ? I added lots to my initial length - just for a safe range of options. However, I like the long length. I’ve not turned the hem, so I’m not sure about the final length but as long as possible, I think.

That’s it for progress. I need to start thinking about my Stitch Story elements next. Hopefully, I’ll be finished with the basic dress in a few days. I need to decide on the pleats positions and finish the sleeve and bottom skirt hems. I also need to finish of the internal seams. Where possible I’ve used French Seams but on the waist and sleeves I’ll be using an overstitch - my machine is not an overlocker but has a dedicated stitch for the job.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Tuesday with more news (we are having a long weekend away this weekend).



No comments:

Post a Comment