Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 2 August 2018

Miss Mitchell’s House

Hi Everyone 
I’ve a new project idea to share today. The little house, in my photo story, is a few years old and has been sitting on a shelf for sometime just waiting for something to happen to it. The house is made from simple air dried clay and moulded into shape. I love the shape and detail of the house but have struggled to decide on how to turn the house into something which I want to develop and display.

              


I think, I have my idea. I’ve paired the house with some postcards from my stash and hope to paint the house and use a box picture frame to present the pieces and create something I can hang in my home. There was always an idea to paint the clay house but I could never make a decision about colours. When I came across these old postcards, I knew exactly what I could do with them. I’d like to make a simple collage with the images on the postcards, I’m thinking about slicing up the cards to make some kind of countryside. I’m hoping I can use elements of the postcards to make an interesting background. The colours of the background will be picked up in the house paint job. I’ll know which colours to use, when I start my experiments.
I’ll share my results in a few days.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment