Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 27 August 2018

Spinning News

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing a new spinning project today.

           

This is the first time I’ve tried spinning with Mulberry Silk and it’s lovely. I love the colours. There are lots of very subtle strands of wonderful colours. I especially like the greens, not obvious in my photo. This tiny bit of green is making me think I’d like to partner the finished yarn with a similar green in another yarn. I’m not sure of what I can find to complement my yarn or even how I will use the finished yarn - yet ? I’m wondering about a cardigan with the Mulberry Silk blend making some design statement. I have only a 100gm of fibre and I’m not sure of how much yarn I can produce ? At the moment, it’s looking like a light DK. However, I’m in the very early stages of the spin. I’ll know more in a few days.

My plan is to work on my spin over the next few days and have my finished yarn by the end of the week. Wish me luck.
Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment