Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Altered Pebbles

Hi Everyone 
I’m working at my bench today. It’s definitely back to work this week, the long Summer break has finally come to an end. I’ve dragged out my holiday for a few more weeks but the time has come to be disciplined and productive. So, my lists are under construction and organisation is key. I have a few new systems in operation but I’m working through the new developments at the same time as completing orders and projects.
Today’s job is to complete a group of earrings and a new statement ring.

                  
                  


My little photo story (top left) shows the components for my earring ideas. These components have been made from metal clay (Silver) and will be added to some small silver loops and either stud or dangle ear wires. I’m not sure which will go with either style ? - I’ll develop the components and progress the design, as I see it. The ear wires (top right) are a starting idea for a part stud fastening and a longer fixed dangle option, the components will be attached to the ear wire. I’m thinking of different lengths of wire to give a varied look to the finished earring.
My other job is to construct a statement ring using a spare piece of very thick silver wire. I’ve yet to decide how I will attach the wire to the ring ? The wire will need to be cut, again not sure how ? I’ll share all my finished pieces when they are ready to wear.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment