Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 3 September 2018

Spinning News

Hi Everyone 
It’s almost back to work today. I’ve got a few more days before my schedule begins but I’m sort of planning, today. However, big news to report ! I’ve managed to complete my mini spinning job. Read back last week for more on this story. The resulting yarn is a lovely, soft and vibrant dk. I’ve produced only 142m but my mind is buzzing with ideas of what I can make with it. I’m thinking about a cardigan. My new yarn (which needs a name) will probably form a colour block at the bottom and possibly have some on the arms. I’ve been searching my library for potential patterns and I hope to firm up the plan later today. Obviously, I’m going to need lots more yarn (there’s a surprise!) I think, I’d like to dye some yarn a green colour for the job. There are a few different greens (not obvious from my photo) in my yarn so will pick out a few shades for my final decision. 

              

The yarn is a deep russet/red colour but there are lots of colours spread around and I’m very excited to see how it knits up. I’ve literally just finished plying and need to soak my yarn. I think I’m going to knit a swatch after the yarn is dry and this will help me decide what I need to acquire to complete my cardigan plan. 
I’ve loved doing this project and am inspired to keep going with more regular spinning sessions. Last week, I gave a session by session report on my progress. I like this way of recording progress and I found this method quite inspiring (for me) as a process. Here’s a quick look at the way it worked :

              

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment