Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Spinning Talk

Hi Everyone 
Its all about spinning today. I’ve been quite disciplined with my spinning projects over the last few weeks and decided I could introduce a new project every time I finished one of the two current spins. I have a long standing Men’s sweater spin (which is well overdue) but I feel a need to introduce another shorter, manageable project to keep me inspired. The sweater spin (photo story here) produces beautiful yarn and it’s a pleasurable task but it does seem to go on forever ! I’ve decided, I need, to have something which I can see the end, quite quickly ! I also want to experiment with new (to me) fibres. The two part spinning schedule seems to be the answer, one long and one short spin, with a variety of different fibres.

The new spin for today is something called Airforce Blue, another HilltopCloud, Time Travellers Club monthly fibre. This one is an April 2018 fibre. The fibre is 25% Shetland, 50% Merino and 25% Bamboo. There are a range of lovely colours in the fibre, lots of blue/grey tones. The fibre is soft and quite silk-like to spin. I’m in the very early stages but I’m very happy with the yarn. I’m not sure about a schedule. I think, I’m going for a short (30min) session each day, if I can. Here’s a quick look at the fibre.

            

My photo story image shows a much darker blue, close up the yarn is varied and had some very bright blues as well as greys. It’s going to be lovely. I’m not sure what I’m going to make with the yarn, probably a dk weight ? This is always an issue with such a small amount (100gm). I can see myself trying to match up another yarn either to dye or contrast. Who knows ? I’ll wait and see, something will inspire me when the time is right.
One thing which is a constant thought with lots of projects, what about project bags ? I like to have each one of my projects in a dedicated bag. At the moment, I can’t find a new bag for Airforce Blue. So, today, I’m hoping, I can make a few new bags. Organisation is another issue !! - how do I keep on top of projects and where to store them ? It’s a whole new subject - for another day !

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more news.







No comments:

Post a Comment