Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Bead Weaving Update #2

Hi Everyone 
I started a bead weaving project a few ago and have been waiting for a clasp forever, still waiting ! You can read the original clasp story hereHowever, I do have an alternative clasp. Great news, I thought. Not to be. The replacement clasp required a different way of attaching the beads and the whole thing needed to be reworked. You can see why, in the photo story.

           

As you can also see from my photo story - I’m back to the beginning. I’ve woven all the beads onto finer threads and am now ready to sew the clasp in place. 
I’m still trying to source my original clasps to compare the construction approach, however, I do like the replacement clasp. It’s a little more chunky and fits the bead style nicely. My only reservation is the clasp attachment is dictating the width of the bracelet. I could add a separate, thinner end section and will probably have a go with my next sample.
Next, I need to stitch the bracelet beads back into themselves to form a solid link for the clasp. I’m confident a I can make a neat job with much finer thread. I’ll report back in a few days with, hopefully, several samples.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment